Sunday, December 4, 2011

If you give a K4 student a cookie....

What a crazy last couple of weeks this has been! I guess the holidays will do that! I am glad to have some down time to just write!

I first want to take some time to say thanks again to all the parents who donated to our Eating the Rainbow day! All of the students tried something they never had before, so it was a great experience! We finished off with some pumpkin pie, that I had brought in! It was a wonderful way to end our healthy habits unit! Now on to the holidays!

This month we will be concentrating on the holidays! This week we decorated our holiday tree and talked about things we are thankful and happy for! Some of the things that I am thankful for this week were hearing all the great thanksgiving stories from my students, starting book buddies, and having the opportunity to talk to a real author. I think my students are just as thankful! It was a great start to a busy month ahead. Here are some more highlights:
- Introduced letter Mm
- Learning about one of my favorite authors Laura Numeroff
- Making a venn diagram to see the similarities and differences in her books.
- Mixing paint colors
- Investigating magnets
- Learning a new game-Memory
Here are some pictures from our Eating the Rainbow day! Check out more on our shutterfly share sight!


I hope you enjoyed our Turkey book!

Our holiday party will be on December 23rd! If you have a craft you would like our class to do please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment